Friday, August 5, 2011

First Photoblog Post!

Hello there!  Welcome to my Photoblog!  Let me start by telling you a little about me:

I have been married for 4 years and have 2 year old daughter.  My whole life, I have always enjoyed snapping photos of every day life.  But, it wasn't until about a year after my daughter was born that I really started learning about Photography.  I didn't want just snapshots, I wanted photos that captured the moment and forever sealed the memories we were making every day.  I have so much left to learn, but over the past year I have really started growing into more than just a crazy lady with a camera.

I have a full-time, out-of-the-home job and also have a handful of additional responsibilities as a Pastor's wife.  So, photography started as a light hobby and is quickly picking up the pace.  I hope someday to be able to focus more time and energy on my passion for photography.  But for right now I squeeze in every opportunity I can to help a family capture the special moments they want to remember forever.

As you can see from my Blog Title, this is Lifesong Photography.  If you are at all familiar with the Christian band, Casting Crowns, this might ring a bell.  They have a song entitled "Lifesong" that has always spoken to my heart.  Our every day lives should always be a reflection of our Maker and I wanted that wonderful reminder stamped on my work here as well.  That is my desire as a photographer, to always be a person whose life points to Christ every day.  I also want to help families capture the sweet moments that make up their lifesongs.  God has made such a beautiful world, full of beautiful people and I want to do my best to showcase his wonderous works in each and every photo.

So, thank you for stopping by.  I hope you enjoy what you see!

1 comment:

  1. I love the name and love the meaning behind it! You are a blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete